Sunday, December 20, 2009

How do I....

When you are in constant pain it becomes a loathsome task to tell those around you that the pain you are feeling is interfering with basic activities. I always feel like a giant disappointment to my wife when this happens. I lose a little respect for myself every time.

How can you remain positive when everyone reacts so negative to you? You have to remember that it is not you they are upset with it is the CRPS, but since you and the CRPS are one in the same it is hard to remember that when you are cracking your teeth due to pain.

Remember this not only hurts, it effects your concentration, memory, mood, all aspects of your persona are effected in one way or another. So it is our duty as the sufferer to take a lil bit longer when we respond to our loved ones (I still struggle with this). Take a breath, allow your thoughts and emotions to settle then respond. A lot less hurt feelings and misunderstandings and those important relationships will not bear the weight of an additional strain, cause we all know things can be stressful enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment